ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION TO THE B. SC NURSING COURSE EDUCATION QUALIFICATION
1. The details are as under : -
(a) The higher secondary examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics or any other elective subjects with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council for Educational Research and Training after the introduction of 10+2+3 years educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on education.
(b) The Intermediate examination in science of an Indian University/Board or other recognized body with Physics, Chemistry and Biology which shall include a practical test in these subjects and also English as a compulsory subject.
(c) The pre-professional/pre-medical examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology, after passing either the higher secondary school examination, or the pre university or an equivalent examination. The pre-professional/pre-medical examination shall include a practical test in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and also English as a compulsory subject.
(d) The first year of the three years degree course of a recognized university with Physics, Chemistry and Biology including a practical test in three subjects provided the examination is a “university examination” and candidate has passed 10+2 with English at a level not less than a core course.
(e) B.Sc examination of an Indian University, provided that she has passed the B.Sc Examination with not less than two of the following subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology) and further that she has passed the earlier qualifying examination with the following subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
(f) Any other examination which, in scope and standard is found to be equivalent to the Intermediate science examination of an Indian University/Board, taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology including practical test in each of these subjects and English.
2. Minimum Aggregate. She must have cleared 12th Class examination in one sitting i.e. in first attempt as a regular candidate from a recognized institution (Those who have repeated the 12th class / have given supplementary examination in any subject and students who have passed XII as private students or from Open Board are not eligible). Candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology (in English Medium) and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 45% aggregate marks (PCBE) from a recognized Board / University. Candidates who have appeared in the 12th Class or equivalent examination are also provisionally eligible to apply and appear in the Entrance Examination. However, their candidature will be considered only if they provide documentary evidence of having passed the qualifying examination with the required subjects and percentage of marks at the time of counselling of admission.
3. Age. Age should not be less than 17 years and not more than 25 years on 31 Dec 2018. The date of birth recorded in the Secondary Education Board only will be taken as authentic.
4. Physical Fitness. Besides fulfilling the eligibility conditions as per Para 26 to 28, the candidate should be certified by MH/RMO/Registered Medical Practitioner as physically and mentally fit to pursue the course. A certificate to this effect in the enclosed form (Certificate No 4) is required to be submitted by the candidate at the time of counselling.
5. Certificates Nos 1 to 6 are enclosed.
Note : A candidate who has passed any examination of a Statutory University recognized as equivalent to the B Sc (Nursing) course shall not be permitted to appear for the examination for the same course.